The main functions of the Directorate of Forestry are:
1. Forest inventories
3. Indigenous land units classifications
6. Community Forestry Programme
8. To create, manage, utilise and conserve forests, including woodland, for human benefit.
9. To provide robust scientific support to manage and develop the potential of Namibia's plant and resources
1. Spatial information and research information.
2. Publication and Reports.
3. Awareness and Creation.
4. Promotion of DoP image.
5. Human resource management systems (HRD) and organisational effectiveness.
Mr. J. Hailwa
Tel: +264 61 208 7663
Fax: +264 61 208 7665
Regional Offices contact details