The Gaming Control Division is governed by the Casinos and Gambling Houses Act, (Act 32 of 1994). This Act makes provision for the licensing, supervision and control of casinos and gambling houses; to provide for the establishment of a Casino Board; and to provide for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto.
The application for casino licenses and the application for transfer and removal of gambling house licenses are still processed.Currently 254 gambling house licenses and 6 casino licenses has been issued (14 November 2016).
Other major responsibilities:
See Application Requirements for Gambling and/or Casino licence below:
- Requirements for application for the transfer of a casino license
- Requirements for permanent or temporary removal of a casino license
- Requirements to transfer a Gambling House licence
- Requirements for permanent or temporary removal of a Gambling House licence
- Requirements – Application for a Casino license